Have any 156 Non GTA drivers driven a 156 GTA? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
Re: Have any 156 Non GTA drivers driven a 156 GTA?

Originally Posted by Green Cloverleaf
btw, I was well impressed with your review of the GTA - very informative, interesting and well-written
Thanks - a second review is pending editing (and has been for a while) and I know at least one 147GTA review is also awaiting its place on the site, so check back!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA Q2 SW

I had a 156 2.0 SP2 for 4 years before getting my first GTA SW. I also recently had a chance to drive a 156 2.0 SP1 and the most over riding memory of the 2.0 is just how agile and balanced they are.

The worst thing about a GTA is how unforgiving it can be around town over speed humps - sometimes it's plain annoying.

About 2 years before the getting the GTA, because we needed the space (baby came along) we considered getting a sportwagon 2.5 V6 SP3 - I think I'm going to upset people here - but I was not impressed compared to the 2.0 - I just could not get over how nose heavy it felt. I decided not to go for a 2.5 sportwagon because it did not feel as sharp as my 2.0

I also decided not to go for a 2.0 SW as I could not justify spending all that extra money for the same car I had with just a little more boot space.

The GTA is a remarkable car, it has great performance, feels very agile, rides very well and sounds like no other car - to boot they are great value and not that costly to run.

If I was going for 156, for me it would have to be 2.0 - not having driven a 156 1.9 jtd I'd imagine they are excellent (I have driven a 1.9 jtd GT and was seriously amazed)

Great idea for a thread !!!
AO Gold Member

I drove the GTA with selespeed (little flippers) and loved it....
but in Holland you will for sure loose your license and a lot of money !
so I stick to my 156 selespeed 2.0 TS, it is just a fabulous car and has now done 103000 km without any problem !!! lately my recaro seat is squeaking, which is annoying... but that's all !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , driven , drivers , gta