156 wonky idle - THE FIX !!!! - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

County: -
Does anybody know is this working on 166 2.0 twinspark CF2 engine? If it does is it same connector/pin like 156? My car have very bad wonky idle when you push clutch pedal down like your's 156.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Sao Paulo
Cut the green and black wire - speedo stop working

Hi!
I just cut the wire green and black 15 behind the speedo of my 156 2.0 1998 and the speedo goes out.
The speedometer do not move and the odometer are off.
I have reconnected the wire and it does nothing.

Any help anyone?
AO Member

County: Porto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynninen View Post
Does anybody know is this working on 166 2.0 twinspark CF2 engine? If it does is it same connector/pin like 156? My car have very bad wonky idle when you push clutch pedal down like your's 156.
I'm sure it could be the same fault as the 156, but not sure if the wiring is different, probably yes.

The best solution for the wonky idle is to flash the ECU with an updated software. Cutting the ABS wire behind the speedo will cause side effects. The ECU will not know if car is moving and won't control idle as it should. There's a feature that prevents engine stall when car is moving by keeping idle a little higher. When you stop the car, the idle lowers to the normal. This is for safety reasons.

I can help the 2.0 TS owners with flashing their ECUs, if needed.

Cheers!
AO Member

County: Porto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoclima View Post
Hi!
I just cut the wire green and black 15 behind the speedo of my 156 2.0 1998 and the speedo goes out.
The speedometer do not move and the odometer are off.
I have reconnected the wire and it does nothing.

Any help anyone?
I think you cut PIN 10, Ignition operated supply instead. It mirrors the position of PIN 15.

Check the PIN numbers again and which one you cut. Test if there's +12v on PIN 10 with key on MAR
AO Member

County: Bayern
Dear All,
I have just spent the last 2 hours reading all the 204 posts re this idle problem. I have a 156 2.0TS YOM 2000 and I have replaced the MAF, Lamba and Idle Actuator. Although the idle is much better with all these replacements and the car never stalls, it still wobbles when pressing the clutch and is very annoying.
Can somebody help me to update the ECU software? Is it something that I could do myself with a laptop, multiecuscan software and a K-Line/VAGKOM interface?
Thanks.
Michel
AO Member

ECU flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mportelli View Post
Dear All,
I have just spent the last 2 hours reading all the 204 posts re this idle problem. I have a 156 2.0TS YOM 2000 and I have replaced the MAF, Lamba and Idle Actuator. Although the idle is much better with all these replacements and the car never stalls, it still wobbles when pressing the clutch and is very annoying.
Can somebody help me to update the ECU software? Is it something that I could do myself with a laptop, multiecuscan software and a K-Line/VAGKOM interface?
Thanks.
Michel
Hello. Yes, I guess I could try to help you. You need special flashing interface and software, KKL won't work for this. The cheapest is galletto 1260.

Once you have these, let me know and I'll help you.

Cheers.
AO Member

County: Bayern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa-BR View Post
Hello. Yes, I guess I could try to help you. You need special flashing interface and software, KKL won't work for this. The cheapest is galletto 1260.

Once you have these, let me know and I'll help you.

Cheers.
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me and highlighting the Galletto 1260. It is cheap to order from EBAY so no problem. Easy to do.
But I have a question. Where can I get the updated software that Alfa Romeo released as mentioned in this thread? This seems to be more of the challenge.
Thanks for clarification.
Michel

County: Sao Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by arfreak View Post
I think you cut PIN 10, Ignition operated supply instead. It mirrors the position of PIN 15.

Check the PIN numbers again and which one you cut. Test if there's +12v on PIN 10 with key on MAR
Not quite.
The lamps have decided to die all in the same moment due to the electric discharge caused by my bare hands.
Replaced the lamps, problem gone. (Not the idle problem)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , fix , idle , wonky