fault codes p0141, p1177 and p1178 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
fault codes p0141, p1177 and p1178

on my 51 plate 147 2.0 got a bad sensor reading of p0141 (o2 sensor heater curcuit bank 1 sensor 2) wich i know is lambda sensor

to check i had the right lambda i unplugged the offside precat (bank 1 sensor 1) that threw up a code relating to correct sensor cleaned contacts with contact cleaner

then checked nearside as i thought threw up bank 2 sensor 1 fault once again cleaned

then unplugged third sensor wich threw up bank 1 sensor 2 fault (p0141) so now i know wich sensor / connection is faulty (ok pace palm we are dealing with alfas here)
clean all connections dry them right out from the solvent replug everything should be good

drive up road about 6 miles flick up fuel consumption and at 60mph am doing 16mpg
about 500 yds further on engine managment light comes on so i flick up torque and show fault codes p0141 (ok i know this one so post cat lambda is busted), also new codes are p1177 and p1178

now been reading forums and there seems to be confusion over these codes could they be where i cleaned the precat sensors (so i need to take em apart reclean and check properly) OR is it more likely to be the MAF sensor gone as well?
Sponsored Links
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

Just replace the post cat sensor.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

codes , fault , p0141 , p1177 , p1178