I've sold my GT! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wave I've sold my GT!

After 2 and a half years of ownership I have sold my GT. I loved and hated it in equal measure. Never have I owned a car that has broken down and had as many quirks as this car did. No matter how well maintained I kept it there was still constant issues. I eventually lost patience having replaced the front wishbones twice and after only a few months they began creaking again. As annoying as owning it had been I was still sorry to see it go.
Anyways thanks to all the advice from various members down the years, without this site I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did!

Good luck to everyone else, I'm glad you lot own the cars and I will just be content to admire from afar (unless it's a hatch back, still think they're minging)

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: New South Wales
Sorry to hear your going, just a couple of questions. How many miles did you do on the car in the 2.5 years? And what are you driving next?
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Mine has never broken down or let me down but I agree on the cheese made suspension
I use an old Audi A4 half the time so despite having it a while I've not used it much I guess!
I put about 17,000 miles on the GT in the time I owned it, have another car for weekends and leisure.
My new car is a Lexus IS220d, 2006 with only 34,000 and a full lexus dealership history. Was a bargain at £7000.00
No where near as pretty as my GT but is better equipped and a more reliable car, hopefully. I will keep it fully serviced and hope to avoid the surprise bills my Alfa was constantly presenting me with.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT