Random "Selespeed failure" when taking off. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-01-14 Thread Starter
County: Lusaka
Random "Selespeed failure" when taking off.

I've had my Alfa 147 selespeed for almost a year after buying it from Japan, the problem is that it randomly shows a selespeed failure error and will only go in 1st and 2nd but when you stop and completely switch off and wait for a few minutes it the error disappears and will drive normally. The pump is fine (I assume) because I can hear it kick in everytime I open the driver's door, I have read a couple of forums and they seem to suggest checking the Actuator. Sometimes this happens when I turn, like it has happened twice after parking on the same spot and it pops up when taking off in 1st... I need help asap, i have no clue what the problem could be and having no Alfa dealers in Zambia I somehow need some good advice and see if I can escalate that info to my mechanic. Someone please help!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: New South Wales
Your best bet would be to buy a Vag com II 409.1 USB Cable from ebay, set port setting to 1, lowest latency settings and buy the software called Mutliecuscan. Then once connected to the gearbox Bosch ecu have a look for some errors, check pressure of system incase it drops too quick, check clutch rod length, and possibly to a calibration EOL. I better choice living in Zambia would have been a Toyota or Honda.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

random , selespeed failure , taking