Into the Black...
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Glasgow / East Ayrshire
New GT questions - who can help?
Having just bought my Alfa GT yesterday around lunchtime and having now driven her about 400 miles, I'm finally beginning to understand why people love their Alfas. Being a Volvo man for the last 18 years, I've just got a few questions, if anyone can help?
1. I've noticed that after 5 minutes of driving at 70mph with the cruise control on, it'll suddenly switch itself off and not allow me to switch it back on until the engine is turned off and on again. Is this a micro switch problem? If so I'm thinking either the brake pedal or clutch pedal micro switch?
2. Also just noticed that the rear parking sensors work at the sides of the bumper, however, the two either side of the reg plate don't work. Is this a common fault or does it just sound like a split wire?
3. Each of the floor mats has two studs to hold them in place whilst on the floor. However, I can only find 1 single stud and that's at the driver's feet. Why did Alfa design floor mats with retainer studs, but not fit the holder studs to the carpet?
4. The Alfa GT was sold to me with only one thing missing - the rear parcel shelf. Other than Ebay, where would I be able to purchase a rear shelf, please?
5. Is there anywhere on the Alfa GT Blackline that I can connect an iphone or other exteral music device to? I've been looking, but just can't see anything.
Other than these very minor items, the car is awesome and I love it!