Nightmare With My Window!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-09-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Nightmare With My Window!!

Having a nightmare with my electric driver window on my 147 - the first time it broke i had wound the window all the way down - when i wound it back up the glass went back up with the bottom right corner sticking up in the air - sort of twisted around - gave me a real fright - went to the garage and the little white clip that holds the window in place at the bottom inside the door had broken - paid 130 for that to be repaired.
Was fine for a couple of weeks - then one day wound the window all the way down and when it came back up it started to twist again - this time it was not as bad though - and i was able to guide it back into position with my hands - took it back to the garage as i presumed the white clip had broken again and they said it wasnt - and that this time it looked like the window/door seal needed replacing - so this time my dad replaced the window seal - the old seal once we go it off had nothing wrong with it - so off i went it was fine for a few days and then it happened again - my dad looked at the alfa parts CD he has and this time thought it could be the 2 window guides that sit on either side of the door - we we replaced these only 5 each - when we got the old ones off they had buckled and the window was not in the guides but was sat on the side of the guides - we thought we had cracked it - drove off - everything has been fine for a few weeks although i could hear a little bit of a tension in the window when it was going up and down - then the other day - had the window right down and when it went back up again - the glass did what it did the very first time - bottom right corner stuck up in the air - i think this time the white clip is broken again - but not had chance to get it back into the garage or get my dad to look at it.

i think there must be some sort of tension between the white clip that holds the window and the guides the window goes through....

other probs -
1. air con has stopped coming through the driver vents - although it still comes through the passenger ones
2. water dripping into the car inbetween the sun visors where the interior lights are.
3. sounds like a diesel (although i know what this is)

Other then all this - i love my alfa!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

nightmare , window