2000X 156 2.4 JTD problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 04-09-06 Thread Starter
2000X 156 2.4 JTD problem

This is my first post on this forum so here goes ....

I have only owned my 156 for 3 days and have a couple of questions for the experts. I noticed today on the way back from work that I lost power, particually at lower revs and the turbo whistle didn't come in as usual, this went on for a mile or two and then power returned to normal. 50 miles later after leaving dual carriageway it had a similar loss of power which again disappeared a after a few seconds this time.
Is my wastegate sticking or could I have a faulty MAF? When the turbo whisle is present the car pulls well appart on those 2 occasions when it lost power up to 2000rpm and again above 3000 rpm.
What should I do to diagnose the problem? The wastegate actuator doesnt move on engine start but if you rev it to 3500rpm it moves a maybe 2mm.

Also when shutting off the engine a device on the bulkead in the middle behind the engine that is attached to two vacuum lines (one of which seems to go to plennum on manifold at front of angine) makes a noise like air slipping past a diaphragm or valve, what is this device and is that normal? Sucking on the pipe going to the device from the plennum makes a similar noise from the device.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes after engine start the glow plug light on the speedometer flashes for a few seconds, does this mean pulgs need changing as well?
Thanks in advance,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2000x , jtd , problem