GT JTD Broke Down - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

gt jtd

GT JTD Broke Down

Friday night about 10pm just outside Oxford the MIL light came on & the car died. I am a mechanic & by the lack of fuel at the filter & the slooshing niose coming from the tank I guessed the problem to be the fuel primer pump.
Called the AA on the Alfa Warrenty number & a patrol came within half an hour, nice chap, agreed with my diagnosis & called for a recovery truck which was estimated in 1 hour & 30 minutes. Took nearly three hours to arrive, not too impressed. They checked on their database for the nearest dealer to my address in London but when we arrived in the middle of the night it had been closed down & replaced with an ASDA!.
Also they offered a hire car but wouldnt be able to get one until monday morning & we could have it for 48 hours. About as much use as a chocolate fireguard.Waiting now for the AA to collect car & deliver to local dealer where I,m sure the fun really begins.
I was greatful to have breakdown cover but it didnt really deliver on this occasion, any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: GT JTD Broke Down

Thats crap, I had AA replacement car cover like this a few years ago with Renault and I had the option of picking up a car the next day at the depot, or if urgent, they would take me to the airport a(open 24/7) and get one there and then.

I waited, as I wasnt fussed, but the AA guy on that occassion sorted it all out, droppped me home, delivered the car to the dealer and next day, the hire car was waiting booked.

I dont think this is Alfa at fault, more the AA.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

broke , jtd