Alfa 147 Blaupunkt CD Changer Input - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

'04 147 JTD 16v

Alfa 147 Blaupunkt CD Changer Input

Hi All,

Apologies, I know this topic has been covered from a number of angles before but I can't find the exact answer I'm looking for.

I have an 04 147 Lusso and as far as I can tell, there is no CD changer fitted, but when I scroll through the sources for the stereo, CD CHANGER is an option.

I want to modify this CD changer input so that I can use an AUX input instead. I've read a thread about a DIY aux input by re-wiring the back of the CD changer plug in the stereo to take 3 wires from an AUX cable or headphones.

If I do this, will it then just play anything that's playing on my phone as if it were an AUX input when plugged into my phone?

I thought I also saw someone mention you still need the CD changer to be fitted for this AUX method to work anyway, does anyone know if this is true?

I'm essentially looking for a cheap way of getting an AUX input into my 147. I'm not too keen on getting the poor quality FM transmitters, but I also don't want to pay 80 for a CD changer emulator with an AUX / USB input.

Cheers for any help!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Queensland
Yes, you can do this.
As others will attest this may only work with some (early facelift) head units.

recipe here

Turning the CD input on the back of the 147 and facelift 156 head unit into an Aux input is pretty straight forward. There will be a blue blanking plug fitted to your HU (without metal pins). I simply jammed heavy gauge speaker wire into mine and gaffa taped that to a cut off iPhone headphones jack to check if it would work. You also need to short two of the pins in the same blue plug to fool the unit that it's connected to the CD stacker.

This makes the CD in the car inoperative (stacker is connected)
You can't control the iPod/MP3.... obviously
I gave up using mine as there was no handy control of the iPod (above)
The blaupunkt cable in your link will not control the iPod, there was an official alfa/Denison(I think) cable available with limited control.

Search is your friend. I will have a look and see if I can find anything in my stuff. I stopped using it in the end as it disabled the CD in the head unit, and I didn't have a great deal of baby music on my iPod ... Which tended to take precedence at the time.

03 1.9JTD8v Sportwagon +GTA teledials for the win!!

Last edited by craig_m67; 12-01-14 at 10:53.
AO Member
County: -
How is the sound? FM, CD, tape quality or some other category? Does it need amplifier to boost sound or there is no lost of volume?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , blaupunkt , changer , input