Removing the arm rest, hand brake and gear lever consul??!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Help Removing the arm rest, hand brake and gear lever consul??!!!

I am after a bit of advice! I need to remove the housing for the arm rest etc. I have a squeek which is in there! I have tried greasing up everything else and now have to resort to removing this housing to get to the areas I need to grease up. Can anyone offer me any advice on removing this?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

If it is the GT then remove the footwell kick panels both sides, they are just push fit and will pop off, remove the 6 philips screws (3 each side) along the bottom of the console, remove the 4 blanks towards the back edge and remove the 4 allen bolts, remove the ash tray and remove the 2 screws from the top front, chock the car wheels and remove the handbrake gaitor, loosen (don't remove) the handbrake adjustment nut so the handle can come right up without stretching the cable, pop up the gearstick surround, place a screwdriver in the locking clip which secures the knob to the shaft and twist it to open the clip slightly, then pull the knob up and off, now slide the console backwards a bit and on the drivers side at the front of it is a black plug, undo this and it all just lifts out.

To solve the squeak, just make sure al the brackets are screwed down tightly to the floor, or lift them up and put some gaffer tape between them and the floor to get rid of the metal to metal rubbing.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

arm , brake , consul , gear , hand , lever , removing , rest