GT 3.2 driver's side front sidelight - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 08-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
GT 3.2 driver's side front sidelight

Just wondering if anyone on here has changed (specifically) the driver's side sidelight on a GT 3.2, with aircon, non-xenon lights?

After two attempts and some very grazed knuckles, it's making me cross!

If anyone has done this job, could they please tell me: did they completely remove the plastic back on the headlamp unit from the engine bay or just pull it back slightly and did they use fingers to remove the bulb holder or a tool of some description?

Due to the aircon pipework being in the way I'm finding it difficult to completely remove the plastic back, as there doesn't seem to be room to remove it from the engine bay. But with the plastic not completely removed, there doesn't seem to be room to get a hand in.

All comments appreciated! Thanks. (I'm sure the job is easier on some of the other GT variants, but the 3.2 seems ridiculously difficult).
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

It is a bit tricky but you can remove the back cover completely, you just need to play around until you can work a way to get it out (and get it back on again!). The sidelight bulb holder should have a black plastic tab on it which you use to pull it out, but these are sometimes broken. I ended up using long nose pliers on mine to get it out.

Good luck!
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
Unless im going crazy the cover can only be removed by tilting the headlamp forward which requires some of the bumper screws to be removed so the side in question can have the bumper pulled forward.The bumper takes about 15 or so minutes to shift on one side
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 09-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
Thanks for the comments. I will try again to get the cover out! If only Alfa had made the car 1" longer and given a bit more access. Don't think I will try moving the bumper as I probably won't get it back straight again.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1382
County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

I can get the cover off mine without removing bumpers , just need to wiggle it around a bit .

As ChrisM says it should have a little tab on it to aid pulling it out . They should just pull out .
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Should be a 5 min job if that. You just need practice No need to drop bumpers or anything like that. Just reach for the tab. If someone hasn't broken it off!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

driver , front , side , sidelight