156 1.8 TS wont start - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Help 156 1.8 TS wont start

anyone had this problem. Last week, my wife had trouble starting the car, it did eventually fire, but this is pretty unusual. later that day attempted to use it again, this time it wouldnt start (turns over fine). left it overnight and it started fine next morning, however engine warning light was on. My friendly local mechanic tells me the car probably flooded the lamda sensor, take it for a run and it will go out. I did, it did, great. today went to start it, and it took ages to start, eventually fired, but engine warning light on again. drove to work, left for about 4 hours, went to start and no joy. again spins over, but not a hint of a cough, splutter or anything. put jump leads on, it spins over faster, but thats all. left car at work in discust. Friendly local mechanic is going to try to get to my work early next week, with a plug in analyser thing. he suspects a crankshaft sensor or leaky injectors. I havent had any running problems at all, and it runs fine once started. any thoughts anyone?
thanks. Phil
Sponsored Links
Re: 156 1.8 TS wont start

This Might Be Daft But I Had Similar Problem. My Key Sensor Was Dodgy (alfa Said Its From Bouncing It Around In My Pocket) Check The Key Symbol -if Lit It Wont Start. Sometimes I Try For 10 Mins Until I Found Out What It Was.
Felt A Bit Of A Pratt At The Time!
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 29-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

garage diagnostic machine says RPM sensor. have ordered one from Alfa dealer and hopefully will get it today and fit later in the week.
AO Platinum Member

On the TS engines you can fit the TDC/RPM sensor from above if you remove the throttlebody.
There is then just enough room to reach down the back of the engine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , start