Alfa 156 - Help! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Alfa 156 - Help!

I recently purchased a W (2000 plate) with 59,000 miles on the clock. It had a few minors scrapes and the Fuel Injection light was on. After making a few calls I put this down to the sensor and took it away at 2650, which I considered a bargain really. It drove really smoothly and was very comfortable inside.

After three days I lost power and developed the dreaded knocking noise that i'd experienced before with an Astra. I pulled over to the side of the road and the AA towed me to a garage. Where still it currently sits.

I'm not convinced the garage are at all reliable, they tell me the "crank shaft" has gone and I need a "small engine". I'm no mechanic, all I can tell is that when I rev I get a knocking noise, but on low revs it's fine. The fuel injection light has been confirmed as a faulty sensor so unrelated.

Also is this something that the seller would have known about when selling, private sale unfortunately! The car ran like a dream when I bought it.

I've got an option to take it to another local garage for a 2nd opnion or from reading posts on this forum, to WAD in Wolverhampton or a place in Birmingham that slips my memory at the moment. Any suggestions?

I'd actually been warned that Alfas were unreliable but I don't rely on pub rumours, now I feel a little silly. Anyone able to lighten my mood or help at all!

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Alfa 156 - Help!

Hi, I've just posted a reply on your other thread
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 24-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Re: Alfa 156 - Help!

Many Thanks!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa