2006 147 Ti 1.9jtdm diesel fuel leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Help 2006 147 Ti 1.9jtdm diesel fuel leak

Hi, hope you can help, my mechanic and I are stumped on this one. Had a break down with motor control failure and came to a halt with the whiff of diesel. Spotted fuel on the road. Mechanic taken a look. Says its from the union between the fuel pipe and the fuel pump, not the rail end. Pipe has been replaced no change, still coming out the join. Any suggestions greatly received. I cant remember what else has been tried. Mechanic has similar engine and has probably tried other parts/things so I'll update when I can.

Remapped by Celtic Tuning at 48k, car has now done 57k, was quite smoky afterwards, but they did an egr delete and blanked it off and I put some fuel cleaner though it. Only smoky on the very heaviest of accelerations now.

Rant and info...

7 days / approx. 100miles earlier I had another MCS breakdown with a further battery error. crankshaft sensor replaced (common issue Im told).

The week before that, it was a major service (didn't include cambelt) but included a new inlet manifold(snapped swirl flap rod which was already the 'stronger' metal one), 4 new tyres (previous ones not fitted properly by prev owner/garage and inside edges were going smooth as the toe was out, a lil guilty of not checking tyres properly even though I 'check' them) and a new clutch which I knew was starting to slip and the remap probably sped that process up.

Prior to that I had a split intercooler hose which appears to be another popular one.

It doesn't come across as 'one of those cars'. Its FSH with very few owners and serviced regularly, MOT 6mths ago no advisories.

I know its an Alfa haha and I love it, its a rare 5dr Ti and rapid. But Im at my wits end Im fed up of getting to work late in a hire car or not at all. Only had it a few months and spent thousands already and hundreds on hire cars. Guess I been lucky so far had a few other Alfa's and they've been perfect! One in particular was far rougher looking, badly treated by prev owner and 100k+, was running sweet. Tempted to jump ship even if I get like for like(ish), but having spent so much on it, am I through the worst of it!?!?

Wanted to change the head unit for one that plays mp3 but Im holding off for now. Hopefully I can just get an Alfa one that plays mps and just do a straight swap out, not really looked in to it yet.

cheeeers. Hope everyone's having a good holiday.

Im on Alfa #5! Not sure if thats anything to be proud of though!

2009 Alfa 147 Ducati Corse in white! - in love!
2006 Alfa 147 Ti running 212bhp (black) - written off - sadly I had an accident in it
2006 Alfa 147 1.9jtd 150bhp - written off - hotel delivery truck hit it in the hotel car park!
2003 Alfa 147 1.9jtd 140bhp - written off - bonnet opened on M5
2008 Alfa GT Cloverleaf Q2 170bhp - got hooked!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 19jtdm , 2006 , diesel , fuel , leak