my definitive 156 suspension upgrade?
So my Christmas holiday so far has involved reading almost all the threads regarding 156 suspension. My plan, spend far too much money overhauling my suspension ( 2005 156 2.4jtdm SW veloce ). The rears Nivomats are spent and there's the beginnings of a few knocks from the front. I would like to get it as good as possible for the road without worrying too much for ride comfort but at the same time keeping my fillings in place. The list below is my conclusion followed by a couple of unknowns. Would any one with first hand experience of doing any of these please like to cast a critical eye over my choices and pre-warn me of possible impending doom. Im not so worried about the actual work involved more so the consequences to the ride after or better still the possible width of grin they may create.
1. Eibach prokit springs
2. Koni FSD Struts (rears replace top mounts too for std's)
3. Eibach F&R roll bar kit (related question below)
4. Front upper wishbones replace for new (for new ball joint) and fit Powerflex bushes.
5. Front lower wishbones replace for new (plenty of advice not to fit Powerflex here)
6. Rear trailing arms replace for new
7. Rear F&R Radius arms replace for new and fit Powerflex bushes.
8. Rear hub bushes replace for Powerflex.
9. Use marine grease on the bushes as it might stay in place a bit longer.
NB I'm going to opt for TRW parts as that seems from most threads the way to go.
1. Does the eibach roll bar kit include drop links both front and rear? the image on their site only appears to have a single pair?
2. If the answer to 1. is no is there an upgrade I should look into rather than genuine or aftermarket parts.
3. Have I over powerflexed my list? Fun over comfort like I said is the goal but not insanely so.
4. Is there any point buying new radius arms if I'm going to powerflex the bushes anyway? I don't know if they fatigue over time or if the housing for the bushes gets sloppy or overly rusty.
5. Is the plural of bush, bushes or bushs?
I read a few threads about Strongflex bushes too, but concluded although I could save myself a few quid I think I'd like to buy British and unfortunately I'm a sucker for known brands and brand loyalty.
So whats the general opinion on my choices? I know there are other options particularly with spring and strut choice but I think this is not too bad a round up of the many variations.
Cheers everyone, hope you are having a great Christmas and all the best for the new year.