POT hole damage - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

POT hole damage

after hitting a massive F**king pot hole, most of the dash board lights came on and flashed, once i pulled over and checked the car and switched it back on it seemed fine,

after a few hours the Low Fuel warning message popped up but it wasnt no where new the reserve.

and every time i start the car it pops up even though it isnt close to the reserve,

what action do you think i could take up with the council as the pot hole could of damaged something ,

also what do you think it could be, i will be topping up with petrol today to about half tank and if the sign pops up after that then i know it was that pot hole that has caused something to go wrong.

( have a 07 GT 2.0 jts 50k)
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Pothole damage is a difficult one, you certaintly can claim back from the council but there are some hoops to jump through.

You need to know exactly which pothole it was, then you need to measure it, it has to be a certain depth and width before you can claim it caused damage. You also have to show that the council have neglected to maintain the road surface i.e they knew it was there and didnt fill it in. (not 100% sure how you do this but i imagine it means a freedom of information request)

There will be some info online, check google (fountain of all knowledge) and youll be sure to find something helpfull.
AO Member
County: -
Yeah in Australia I think you can take the same action against the Council similar to what Greener123 posted. Defintely take it up with them or just call them and ask them how to go about it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

damage , hole , pot