What a weekend of motoring bliss... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 31-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Crazed What a weekend of motoring bliss...

Eventually got the call from the dealers on friday afternoon, went through at about 3 o'clock, while we are sitting having a drink and finalising all the paper work I hear her coming around from the back, with the exhaust system there is no way of describing the noise as anything but a purr, they back her onto the showroom floor, under a nice alfa tent, go through all the buttons and crap, and next thing I know I'm driving my new GT home, I think it only really hit me half way home, effortlessly cruising at 120 in 6th I realised I wasn't driving my beloved 145 anymore....

What a weekend I had, went through 3 tanks of fuel, fark me these puppies are thirsty when pushed, drove all over JHB, we have a ring highway that runs the entire way around jhb (about 90km of 4 lanes), I lapped it 4 times... Already planned a 1200km trip to the coast for the weekend next weekend...

Haha, I'm sure I will be more coherent soon, just get too excited when I think about her at the moment to type anything that makes sense.

Lots and lots of pictures coming soon...

If you missed my first thread, out of the box 06 3.2 GT, Black, Alfa Corse Suspension, exhaust sytem developed by a local alfa guru, black tinted windows, full house interior in tan leather, 18" alfa wheels (need to find the name), pirelli pzero rosso's...

P.S. Had the clutch pedal dissapear on me after about 200km, they came and fixed it in 10min, just silly they don't change the splitpin on the floor...

"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others..."
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Merc S320

Re: What a weekend of motoring bliss...

Sounds great. Where about in JHB are you - I lived in Emmarentia and Bryanston between 1985 and 1994. Bet the GT is as rare as rocking horse droppings over there.

Member car:

Alfa GT

Congrats TIM145. Enjoy every minute. Car sounds awesome. I have a black GT 3.2 as well so am really looking forward to see the pics of the quad exhaust. Did they have to change the rear bumper?
AO Gold Member
County: -

Congrats Tim, I'm sooooo envious at the moment

Happy motoring and lets see some pics asap!!!
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 31-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Stay in Kyalami, about 3km down the road from the gp circuit, not a bad place to grow up at all, if i'm not heading to the track for photography or driving, I spend my weekends riding/racing quad bikes.

GT's aren't common anywhere, but not as rare as you might imagine, I see another 3.2 every second or third day, see a diesel almost everyday. None are as pretty as mine though... haha See at least two or three GTA's everyday (more 147's than 156's), and get flashed by most of them, see about 20 billion 147 1.6's and 156 2.0's everyday, some give me looks and i'll wave, but unfortunately I think the majority think alfa is spelt ***** and bought the car cause it is stylish... However, I do live and work in the northern suburbs of JHB, by far the wealthiest area in the country, you are right in other areas they haven't a clue, I already had a petrol attendant ask me if she was a new ferrari...

Checked in my baby and forgot my dslr at home, so no pictures today, but I promise tom... She's getting a full polish/glaze tomorrow afternoon, so I'll take her out this weekend for some more "arty" shots. I shoot motorsport photography semi-professionally, and I've made it my mission to take photo's of the GT that truely show the beauty of the design, unfortunately (in my opinion, please noone take offence) almost all current photo's do absolutely no justice to the car...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bliss , motoring , weekend