New 147 snagging list - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
New 147 snagging list

Just bought a cheap 52 plate 147 1.6 T.spark today for scrap money with six months test that I plan on doing up and its gonna be my wifes first car to go along side my Alfa 155

It has a few issues though nothing too major (I hope) but ill work through them over the next few months and by the time she's passed it'll all be ready.

So heres a few of the issues and hopefully you may be able to offer advise

1) The clutch pedals biting point is only a cm from the floor and the gear stick does centre. Im hoping master as slave is in the gearbox yeah? Is the gearbox issue to do with won bushes?
2) The drivers seat only goes up or down one notch so is basically stuck at a very high setting which is ok for her but not for me. Easy fix or new seat?
3) The glovebox handle has come off. Looks like a screw has come undone so how do I get into the glove box?
4) Theres a knock/bang coming from the rear over bumps. Someone mentioned ARBs or could it be something else?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Slave more likely I'm afraid, they fail much more often than master cylinders. The stick centring issue is the selector plate bushes under the battery - an easy fix.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1612
County: Tyne and Wear
+1 on clutch
Banging from rear possibly drop links they can make a racket when they go, best to jack it up and support it then use a big bar to find the source.

Drivers seat sounds like a seized height adjuster, easy enough to change but not cheap, although they do share the part with VW so if you can find a Golf or Transporter in a scrap yard you can get one off those, just take your with you to compare it (the VW one has a different sized star wheel but it is just a push on piece that can be swapped)

Glovebox, sure you can get to the catch with a small screwdriver to open it through one of the small holes that are now on show, if not will be a case of replacing the whole door to get in

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , list , snagging