147 lusso HORN has died. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-13 Thread Starter
County: Nottinghamshire
147 lusso HORN has died.

The horn on my 147 has been working on and off these last few months and now finally given up. Initially if I put my finger nails behind the horn centre bit on the steering wheel, pulled it forward, the horn worked. I have looked on this Forum and see horn failure is not un-common, there are some diagrams, which I can't read so I have been in contact with 3 Alfa dealers, got 3 different possible reasons and quoted 1.000 to fix horn and airbag, the latter being the cause of the problem? My 147 is a 2008 reg! Regularly serviced with 27.500k on the clock so I would like to keep it. A thousand pounds to fix the horn seems a bit steep - any solutions would be most welcome please? Jeanne
Sponsored Links
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

Hi Jeanne

I notice you are in Nottinghamshire. Peak Alfa near Hope in the Peak District are very good and reasonably priced. Myself and my wife have been taking our Alfas there for years.

AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
Its not uncommon for the horn ring to fail maybe 20 secondhand.This is the ring within the steering wheel. Ive once had a fusebox needing to be changed cos the horn did not work but that was an exception.Finally you could get a switch fitted to sound the horn for say 50 its only a couple of wires but thats a last resort.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , died , horn , lusso