156 1.8 t spark probs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

mg zs 180

156 1.8 t spark probs

hi all , new here so be gentle.

recently I purchased my self a 2003 alfa 156 1.8 tspark lusso. car had been off the road for a year as owner could get it to start turned out to be a seized alternator so with new alternater fitted I gave it a full service plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter. the car flew through mot with only tyres and front top wishbones bushes as advisorys.

car starts and runs perfect although I can feel a slight kicking when crusing and 40mph and the fuel consumption is appaling! over the last tankfull of mixed driving it averaged 23mpg.

after reading a few threads I run a live data on the car (snap on solus ultra) and saw the the lambda wernt switching very quickly so I replaced both of the front lambdas and they are now both functioning as they should but the fuel consumption is no different.

car doesn't appear to warm up very quickly although I have changed the thermostat.
I also run a test on the maf and Im getting 4gs on idle and just over 100gs on full throttle not sure if this is correct?

sorry for the essay! I relly love the car but cant really justify 23mpg from a 1.8!

if anyone can help that would be great

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Kicking as you call it - could be caused by a flat spotted tyre. The poor fuel economy could be a binding brake or 2? Both due to the car standing for a while.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 01-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

mg zs 180

tyres have been changed and the brakes are all new!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , probs , spark