Is it a Irish inport? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Is it a Irish inport?

How to tell if 156 is a Irish inport?
Hello everyone, this is my first post as i'm a Alfa 156 owner since last week. I have some questions to ask, hope you can help!
1. Is my car a Inport? I did'nt think it was but now i've noticed the alarm doesn't seem to be there, ive got a red fob which locks the car but the indicators dont flash and no sound does anyone know what to check please? I hope it wont affect my insurance too much?

2. When climate is set to auto the fan speeds up in stages and cools to the temp, but should the fan go back to slow automatically when the set temp is reached or should the auto setting stay sounding like its on speed 3?

My car is a 2000 156 2.0l TS, never thourght of owning a alfa till i took one for a test drive!

Thanks for looking, Matt
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Is it a Irish inport?

My 156 (which I sold a couple of weeks ago), was an import from Ireland. The only things that seemed to identify it as such is the initial inspection stamp on the service book. When I sold the car as part-ex at a VW dealer, they did an Experian check and they knew instantly it was an import as it didn't have full UK details logged on the database. Not sure if you can privately get one of these Experian checks done yourself....
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 TS

Re: Is it a Irish inport?

Hi thank you for that, ive been down to the dealer and they have confirmed that it is an import from Dublin, alarm and etched glass is the diffrence! Regards Matt

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

inport , irish