Gt tailgate/roof creak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Gt tailgate/roof creak

Hi All,

I thought I had fixed the creak from the rear of my 2005 GT 3.2 in the summer by following the Alfa fix of dropping the headlining and bolting together the panels above the tailgate opening (not easy...). However the creak has come back as the weather has got colder, and had got to the unbearably annoying stage on anything but a smooth road (of which there are not many in West Oxfordshire).

I therefore decided to have another look at this yesterday. The noise was coming from the nearside directly above the rear passengers head (or so they tell me). Having removed the C post trim and boot seal to allow me to drop the headligning slightly, there is a join where panels overlap at the top corner of the tailgate, so it seemed the noise must be coming from there. As there was a narrow gap between panels I decided to try spaying some silicon spray around the area and into the small panel gaps.

Result - I was driving a creak free car for the first time in ages yesterday. Amazing how much better this makes the car 'feel'. Not sure how long the fix will last, but is eay to do again if necessary.

I hope this may help anyone else who's GT suffers from this really annoying problem......

Visit my Flickr pages at

My Alfa History: 1983 Alfasud Sprint Speciale, 1999 145 Cloverleaf (QV), 2001 156 2.0 TS, 2003 156 2.0 JTS
My Current Alfa: 2005 GT 3.2 V6
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Auckland
Thanks for that Chris M, I will give that a try, mine is starting to drive me nuts ---again. Hope they have sorted this kind of crap out on the 4C. Problematic stupid issues like these can very quickly tarnish a model and as AR are heading back to America the yanks can be pretty harsh and scathing in their praise.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

creak , tailgate or roof