A couple of questions re: power steering & injectors. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-11-13 Thread Starter
County: Cheshire
A couple of questions re: power steering & injectors.

Hi all

Had the Alfa 156 1.9 JTDM Veloce 150bhp (2005) for 2 years now and spent a ruck on it to keep it it going. Has come to the point of either selling or cracking on with it in the hope that it will be ok after it's Mid Life Crisis has been sorted out. Just need the answers to a couple of questions before I spunk any more of my hard earned.

1. Power steering pipes have got a leak. towards the left wheel as you look into the engine bay. I know there are two pipes it could be. Just wondering without getting them out of the engine which it is likely to be, i.e. do they normally develop leaks on one particular pipe? don't want to have to buy both if avoidable. If there isn't one that normally goes, what's the easiest way of telling which one it is?

2. Injectors. can injectors with the serial number 0445110 119 be used on my engine or does it have to be 0445110243. of course, the one's that fit my car are extortionate compare to the first injector which can be found relatively cheap. Only need the one as well.

3. Got the bits for it but how much should I expect to pay for labour for a Cambelt and water pump change?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I come across as a moron. All I know about cars if from this website!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Hi, the pas pipes usually rust through where they run accross the front but you would need to wash it off and see where it is leaking from.

The injector pt no 0445110 119 is for an 8 valve engine so wont fit your 16 valve engine, the correct injectors are from around 140 for reconditioned.

A cam belt kit and water pump should cost no more than 350 all fitted

If you already have the parts then about 150 labout but a lot of places are reluctant to fit parts you have supplied your self, you also need to check if you have a cf3 or cf4 engine as the timing belts are different, cf3 198 teeth. cf4 199 teeth
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 22-11-13 Thread Starter
County: Cheshire
Thanks for the advice Jon, especially the bit about the cam belt teeth, I'd ordered the wrong one and caught the company just in time before they delivered.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet on the injectors. At least it's only the one, touch wood.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

Ive just paid 400 for a cambelt and water pump change, parts and labor at alitiala wrexham

I feel you pain, ive had my diesel 3 years now - its not been good

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

couple , injectors , power , questions , steering