Getting to know my GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-07-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Getting to know my GT

Well I've got my GT, it is a 2005 3.2 with 2500 on the clock. Metallic black, red leather, 18's and BOSE. Very pleased with it and i've been getting to know it over the last couple of days.

Initial feelings are that it is very composed, somewhat more grown up than my 2000 model 3.0 GTV. Performance seems similar but somehow not as focussed or sharp with a longer travel accelerator requiring more of a prod than in the GTV but ultimatley the performance is there and, I guess, it is just a question of familiarity.

It drives very smoothly but I have noticed one strange thing, when I open the door to get out and listen to that beautiful engine note and blip the throttle it seems not to respond to small touches, as if the fuelling is not right on small openings, it just sounds like its farting. The revs do rise whilst it is doing it, it is just that the noise is a bit odd. This is not evident when you are driving and with a slightly more aggressive prod you get a thoroughly aftermarket sounding rasp from the exhaust.

Speaking of the exhausts, why didn't Alfa put a dual exit system on this thing? They made the opening obvious enough on the rear bumper!

Overall, very very happy with purchase, despite a 2.5 inch screw in the tyre within 24 hours of collecting it. It looks just great on those 18's, very purposeful and it is certainly getting the thumbs up from colleagues and clients.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa gt 3.2V6

Re: Getting to know my GT

Good choice, sir!

Haven't noticed a small prod fart from mine but i do think the throttle deserves a firmer prod

Perhaps just a slightly different exhaust and throttle response than a GTV, the GTs set up as more of a tourer than an out and out sports number

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT