GT rattles and squeaks !! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

GT rattles and squeaks !!

Well seems as I double posted, I thought I'd edit my 2nd post into something more informative ! :-)

Anyone still having rattle issues with the back ? Im still getting horrendous ones

and more importantly, is anyone's passenger side door a bit clunkier to close than the drivers ?

Ta :-)

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

156 SW JTD 16v

Thumbs Up Re: GT rattles and squeaks !!

Hello mate

Well forgive me if you have heard this before, but , As soon as I took delivery of my GT the rattle from the back nearly made me into a mad man of devil proportions until I took it back to my nice alfa dealer who sorted it out straight away. It is the rear tailgate not sitting correctly when shut and can be sorted, for free, by your dealer.

The passenger door thing I have not had that pleasure as yet but I cant wait coz its all an alfaism!!

Hope I helped mate

Kelly P

Member car:

Well Happy Re: GT rattles and squeaks !!

i have been back to my dealer (Sunwin @ Derby) with the complaint about the rattle/squeek. it took with me a print out from this forum about the rubber at the top of the rear window rubbing against the bodywork causing the noise. they said that they were not aware of this from Alfa.They contacted Alfa in Italy who told them about the problem with the weld which is under the roof lining at the rear. Alfa sent details of how to fix it including photos.The fix involves re-aligning the weld.Guess what NO MORE RATTLE/SQUEEK!!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

rattles , squeaks