Calling all 100K+ JTDs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Calling all 100K+ JTDs

Hi there,

I'm just about to have my 96,000 mile service on my '52 (2002) plate 2.4jtd. Apart from a suspension knock (which only really appears when I'm not accelerating - possible engine mount?), the car is very sound. It's done only motorway miles, has it's fair share of stone chips on the front bumper and is just beginning to peel on the aluminium by the door mirrors.

Recent work done is alternator replacement - full service history and a new clutch at 61,000 (previous owner - what was he doing?)

The question is, what is it going to cost me for the next 20 - 30,000 miles? And how much would I get for it?

I'm thinking about getting another car if this is just going to start falling apart and costing 600 a time in the garage.

If I keep it, I'll do that until it falls apart probably as long as the bills stay low.

How much for the next 2 services at 30 per hour labour (found a good garage).

The main things I'm worried about are MAF sensor, steering rack, suspension.

That should be enough to go on ;-)

'52 2.4 JTD
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Warning Re: Calling all 100K+ JTDs

ive got a 99v 2.4JTD had 86k when i bought her in jan 2004, it was a reps car and although it had a fsh, she had been neglected. I took a chance, have now done 130k, i have replaced the cam belt for peace of mind, recently changed the clutch and the TDC RPM sensor has just failed. The car has been excellent. I must confess that as the value of alfas drops like hell, i did,nt bother keeping up the fsh, i have found a good cheap garage who looks after her for me. I have no intention of selling her and expect many more miles. If i sold it now i would lose too much money so i will keep her until it is no longer viable.
Hope this is of help

AO Member
County: Lancashire
Re: Calling all 100K+ JTDs

Ive just replaced my 99 vreg 2.4 JTD which has 128k on it now.
I just fancied a newer 156 so bought a 20v mjet 54 plate.

My old JTD is still sat outside while I do a couple of little jobs on it ready for sale...basically still a very sound car and will do somebody well for a good while yet!

I do 700 miles a week so pile the miles on quickly (56 k miles in just under 2 years).

Your car will only cost you normal wear and tear items common to all cars so if you really like her keep her !

My steering rack is fine, MAF is fine although I do have a brand new spare and the suspension bushes will need replacing as and when ?

The 96k service should include checking/setting the valve clearances dont forget!!!!!

AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0 T-Spark

Re: Calling all 100K+ JTDs

Check this guy out if your in Birmingham. He has said a full service on my 156 2.0 is 190. Including Labour & Parts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

100k , calling , jtds