alfa156 cooling fan turn on at random - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Well Happy alfa156 cooling fan turn on at random

Hi guys. I own an alfa 156 2.0 ts and have recently been prompted with an issue regarding the cooling fan. I noticed yesterday that the fan turned on straight after i turned the engine on. A cold engine should not have the cooling fan turn on correct? Also, the injector light on the dashboard is on as a result of this. A red injector light. As i drive, the injector light turns off at random, and back on again. When stopped aswell. Basically, ive noticed the injector light goes on when the fan turns on when not needed. (engine is not hot enough to require the cooling fan to turn on) Also, before all this happened, when i found myself sitting in the car for a while with the engine at idle, id see the temperature rise to 110 which is when the fan would kick in. Bit late isnt it? Ive been told to change the cooling fan switch but whats the proper name for it? Ive disconnected it and sprayed it with wd40 but its done nothing. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
The cooling fan will come on whenever you have the air con on, regardless of engine temp.

Normally the fan should come on low speed at something like 95 deg and high speed at over 100 deg, so it sounds like your low speed fan isn't working. Likely the resistor - do a search on here for ways to check it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa156 , cooling , fan , random , turn