Silly problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Silly problem

My windscreen washer jets have stopped working (rear ones work). I had my windscreen replaced by autoglass a couple of weeks ago, becuase I only drive my car weekly I only just noticed the front washer jets had stopped working. I filled up the tank and the rears work, but front doesnt.
My question is, does the windscreen replacement in any way mess around with the windscreen washer hoses (I know they have to take out the whole black section just below the windscreen to repalce it) Or do I just have crap in the system somewhere, I tried poking the washer jetholes with a pin to no avail.
Autoglass are such a bunch or muppets, I had to take it baack because the bonnet would not shut because they did not put the rubber bits to stop water getting into the engine bay and now this!
Any help would be much appreciated, it doesnt sound like a big problem but you cannot drive with no windscreen washer as it's pretty dangerous.
Sponsored Links
Re: Silly problem

Check the plastic pipework.

Rear washer feed section ( RHS of the engine bay
up behind the battery) used to get squeezed when
the bonnet was shut. Never seen it happen for the
front washer though.
Global Mod Team
County: Suffolk

If the pipes check out OK and you can still hear the pump run although no water emerges then the most likely culprit will be the pick up filter in the washer bottle. This gets blocked with crud over a period of time - remove the bottle and pump and clear the filter.

AO Member

I had non working washers, and discovered pipes had come loose under the sound insulation under the bonnet. Easily checked by removing a few of the fasteners to see if it is wet. Just pushed them back on.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

problem , silly