What have I got my self into???????????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-06-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 156 2.5 V6

What have I got my self into????????????

Hopefully one of you guys can help?????

I purchased my 156 2.5 V6 back in Jan. Running smooth up until now & all the problems have come at once????

For starters there is a funny knocking sound coming from the front right suspension area when I'm driving only really can you hear it when your going quite slow maximum 40mph, but a deffinate knocking sound over bumps???

Second went to drive home last night, turned the lights on as normal & thought to myself this isnt as light as it should be??? Took me a while to cotton on but only 1 head like was working, so I went and had a look at the back and the rear lights wernt working either, to further inspection none of the interior lights were on (couldnt even see the speedo)...

Anyway I got it home in the end with blind faith... Only to wake up this morning and drive to work to find the speedo wasnt actually working at all, nore the rev counter, or the fuel gauge????

WHAT THE F*%K IS GOING ON any help will be great
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: What have I got my self into????????????

if the knocking is a hollow knocking then it is the anti roll bar drop link, very cheap and easy to do, try a search for info

the lights is possibly a fuse gone, or a connector unplugged or wire severed? But fuse is probable

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT