MCSF & Passenger Window Fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 29-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Help MCSF & Passenger Window Fault

I have previously had issues with my GT JTD with the MCSF light coming on and the car going into limp mode, first happened a year ago, when revving to 3500-4500 rpm in 3rd gear upwards i would get the P0238 error of over boost, I had the boost control solenoid replaced and the map sensor and also replaced the rubber vacuum pipes with no luck, i finally phoned warranty direct a few weeks ago and took it into a garage who diagnosed it as a faulty VGT Mech and they replaced the turbo with a brand new Garrett, got the car back and it was fine, no MCSF even at 5000+ rpm and car would reach 120mph no problem where as before it would go into limp mode, however the same fault code still comes up when accelerating rapidly in 6th gear, no other time does it happen but then, cleaned the map sensor the other day, still no luck, i really don't see what else it could be?

Also my passenger window keeps playing up, the window doesn't drop when i open the door, i perform a soft window reset and then its fine for a few days but fault returns, tried an ecu reset too without any luck, is the window ecu on its way out? If so how much would it cost to have it replaced, or would it be an easy DIY job?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fault , mcsf , passenger , window