147 1.9dtd 8v thermostat help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
147 1.9dtd 8v thermostat help

I am trying to replace the thermostat on my car. I have drain the system down but can not get egr exchanger off. any ideas of how to take it off? I believe there are 2 bolts closest to the egr which is a bracket I have to replace however I cant find them.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Hi, you dont need to remove the egr cooler, just loosen all 3 of the bolts, there is one on the back of the engine and it should move out of the way enough for the thermostat to come out.
If you do take out the bolt on the top of the bracket on the back of the engine it is very fiddly to get back in
AO Member
County: Malaga

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.9jtd

The erg exchanger was mounted intertwined with the thermostat on my 8v 147 too, and I seem to recall taking a whole section of that off (from just below the erg to the curved pipe toward the front off the engine that leads to the exchanger).
The way it was mounted on mine you couldn't get the thermostat off without taking the exchanger off.
Bit of extra faff I wasn't expecting based on the how-to, but not unsurmountable.
Just beware of thin gaskets in the erg pipework, easier to catch if you're expecting them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 19dtd , jtd diesel , thermostat