147 1.6T: New Exhaust System + Induction Kit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 24-05-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.6T

147 1.6T: New Exhaust System + Induction Kit

Hey guys. Purchased a 147 52 plate 1.6T last week and so far and well chuffed with it. Nice sporty car, however it feels quite restricted and needs a bit more sound. Coming from a 1.4 POLO with scorpion exhaust + k&n filter which was TOO chavy loud to be honest I want something a little more subtle, but still makes u feel good when u put ur foot down. I am highly considering getting powerflex to sort me out with a custom double exhaust complete system (like golf r32) because i know with them they can get the sound to whatever sound u want really. What do you think? Good idea?

Also can you guys reccomend an Induction kit or air filter which will just give the front a sportier tone without being too loud and hopefully something that can slightly imporve the performance.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Re: 147 1.6T: New Exhaust System + Induction Kit

Welcome on board. Use search engine as there is at least several very interesting threads concerning intake/exhaust. Or just check post from last 5-7 days. Use the button located on the right bottom of this page.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire

Hey, welcome to the forum. I was in the same situation as you wanted a little more power and a sportier soundtrack.

I opted for an Autodelta Air induction kit and a ragazzon Back box with ragazzon group n centre section from gazella racing.

I am very happy with all this, but... I think once you get used to the extra bits you'll want more. I am probably going to go for a sports cat and chiptune via angel tuning this year and im hoping for another 15bhp+ out of that, the key thing there is the cat as the cat is the biggest airflow strangulation point.

On my car you can read Group N as a LOUD combination of parts but it doesn't sound like the peco bean can exhausts on the Nova's you see driving up and down. There is a very noticeable rasp and good flutter after feathering the throttle, in essence it has a supremely sporty soundtrack, not just noise.

If you go that way you will notice a drop in back pressure but you will have a LOT more torque, this translates to some serious grunt uphill. Don't be tempted by a chiptune unless you are fully happy with all aspects of your engine and airflow upgrades, if you add anything after you'll have to have it retuned for the new elements of your system.

Hope this helps and hope you love your new car.

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Originally Posted by directuk
Hey guys. Purchased a 147 52 plate 1.6T
I think you mean TS
About the exhaust, I'd go for an italian one, like CSC.

PS: Last week I saw on fifth gear a review of a Maserati Quattroporte, and oh god, I loved its sound!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 16t , exhaust , induction , kit , system