3.0 v6 156 project. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Originally Posted by AutobotVanguard View Post
Good point, but you could switch over the lot which might end up being easier in the end.

Fit 156 electrics to the 147? Lots of parts are different .. might not work. I'd just buy a 147 GTA ...
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Zuid Holland
If you want to turbo a TS, the 1.8 is the way to go. I had a 145 1.8 with a Novitec Turbokit and it never missed a beat. Driven +50.000 km with it, did trackdays/Nurburgring with it, never let me down even once. Had to let her go with 182.000 km on the clock.

Novitec lowered the compression of it (don't know how much) and boosted it with 0,6 bar. To cool the oil down they fitted a big oilcooler and a front mounted intercooler. The small Schwitzer S1 turbo starts pumping at 2500 is at full boost at 3000 rpm till the red line. It also had a 2,5" exhaust from the turbo to the rear (The standard Novitec downpipe is 2,25" and runs the OEM cat) it had +220Bhp instead of the 192Bph with the smaller Novitec downpipe. Torque was 280Nm. That will give a 2.5 v6 a run for its money, and you will make life difficult for the 3.0 v6. Best is to get a CF1 1.8 because it has the stronger/better crankshaft and pistons. Novitec milled the pistons down till you cant see the dents for the exhaust valves anymore, but I don't know how much exactly. Also nice from the 1.8 is the shorter stroke so less stress on the conrod bearings and the lower torque of the 1.8 saves gearboxes and driveshafts.

Sadly it WAS, because the car itself fell apart of rust so I pulled her apart. Ofcourse I still have the Novitec engine bits that are going into my 146 racecar...

If you want a plug and play header you can make the exit port from the JTD 16v a bit bigger or you can weld a flange to a header from a 147 1.6 105 hp.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , project