Drakebox2 chip set
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Back from BMW to Alfa 156 sport wagon 2.4JTD - problems already
I'm new again to this forum but I've had 2 Alfa 33's, Alfa 155 and 156 sportwagon before and since been on the old 3.0 M-Sport Bimmer convertible but got my 2.4 JTD 2000 reg a week ago and the problems have started - sigh good old Alfa's.........
I just really wanted to know are the below things common issues or have I bought a dog of an Alfa, I didn't pay much (£850 cash) and the car had over £4.5k spent on it 2 years ago by a local guy who was an enthusiast but the recent bloke I bought it off neglected it a bit I think as I've now got a bill of around £900 - how does it always add up to some much so quick when you have an Alfa!!:
- Need 2 new rear back brake plates - completely rusted and affecting the discs - is this common as it costs £260 fitted?
- Twice my seat belt tensioners have locked-up on both passenger and drivers side - is this common (note I live on hill and as I get down the hill the tensioners often ease off, tho one is stuck at the moment)?
- Change brake fluid = £53 (can live with this)
- CV Joint = £109 (I know this is common)
- I had the usual air bag light on now been cleared in my service at the weekend
- Need new glow plugs as the light on dash comes up for 30 secs on start-up
- 2 new tyres about £100 new (budget tyres - can live with tyres ;0)
Any advice is appreciated just a bit down as I've not had a bill like this since........ well since my last Alfa!! The good bits, it's been chipped and has a ceramic clutch (bit sharp to engage clutch but very quick to engage engine) and a full powerflow exhaust, cripes how much torque do these things have - wow amazing to drive and put's a smile on my face as this is also now my regular Surf wagon as I also got rid of my VW T4 and it's a heck of a lot quicker!
Thanks All: thumbs: