OK, so after an adventurous weekend, I finished passenger side lower wishbone.
For some reason, I found it impossible to put the new wishbone in, so this is what I then did (which I should have done since the very start and should have done since the start)
Removed the strut assembly (spring, shock, lower fork).
Removed the break calliper
Disconnected the reach rod end
Then pulled away the hub assembly (disk, driveshaft, vertical strut that connects to upper wishbone).
Put new wishbone in with no obstructions
Put back strut assembly
Slide in hub carrier
Connect upper wishbone and track rod end and calliper
I will do the other side this weekend and will take photos and do a proper write up
The only trouble I had was that I did not notice that the new wishbone was badly manufactured - it did not have an Allen key notch to do the nut at the balljoint end, and funny enough this was the last nut I decided to do, so did not notice this problem until after everything was put back together....... Typical sob situation. I managed to tighten the nut by having the suspension up near the nut, so that jammed the balljoint until I did the nut up. I hate Delphi for this, and so will never use any of their parts again.