first alfa - scared about reliability! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
As above, but just to drive it in a bit more.

They need a little more looking after than other cars, just check check check check the oil that is most important and also the coolant and all other relevant fluids. A good walk around the car and now and again a spirited drive to clean out the cobwebs... So to speak.

Alfa's are as reliable as every other car on the road, same ECUs, injectors etc etc etc, sadly the Reliability stigma has stuck so people are wary. It is difficult to find a cared for example, but they are out there and it appears you have found one.

Ok so the engine had to be swapped out due to a lack of checks, but if she drives fine and well then I cannot see a problem.

Sadly people still believe Audis and VWs are the most reliable car on the road, HA yea right, timing belt snap all over the place, turbo failures and endless 5 and 6 speed gear box failures are littering the English country side, its like falling across crashed ME109's or HE111's

My old dear is the best example as it my brother (mechanic) they hate Alfa Romeos with a vengence because "they break and rust", well yea they do if they aren't looked after or cared for, like any other care. Took my car in for my brother to look at and mock.............. He didn't say a damn word and could not fault it, even told my mother "he has actually found a peach". Both of them Live for the VAG so it was a prime moment

Get one mate, they are superb fun, they really are
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , reliability , scared