Alfa Romeo Sunvisors
I did a search, and this was mentioned before, but not resolved, so to speak.
Bear in mind, I am talking about right hand drive Alfas.
My 147, my Dads 166 and a 159 we drove recently all have the extremely annoying feature of the drivers side sunvisor having only three positions. (i.e., no matter what position I put the visor, it will spring to the nearest of the "pre-set" positions)
1. Closed (Folded to the ceiling)
2. Fully open (Touching the windscreen)
3. Half way between 1 & 2
This is a pain in the bum as alot of the time these settings are not accurate enough to block enough sun, or they block to much of your view.
Also, the passenger side visors are perfect, they can be put at any angle, and they will stay.
So I have three questions:
1. Are these "pre-set" visors meant to be on the passanger side, but were not changed over for the Right Hand Drive Cars.
2. Why are they produced like this?
3. Can the drivers side & passanger side visors be swapped, or is there a fix?
P.S. Sorry for the long post.