Dead Car - Alfa Promises Cash Shock! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Dead Car - Alfa Promises Cash Shock!

My ex's 166 (don't worry, I'll post there as well, but it's connected with a 2.0 TS engine so relevant here too) died recently whilst in the garage's hands. She blamed them and they invited her to get an independent inspection done. She did and it cost her 400 quid, with the upshot that it wasn't the garage's fault, but the shells on the crankshaft failing (I think!). This was put down by the inspector as a manufacturing fault. She rang Alfa and two different people promised financial help for a rebuild, so she has sent in the report and is now waiting to see what happens.

I told her not to get her hopes up, bearing in mind Alfa UK's record on this, but you never know, she might get lucky now the ethos is supposedly changing under the ex-BMW guy.

I will keep you briefed on what happens and try to get more details of the exact cause of engine failure.

Sponsored Links
Re: Dead Car - Alfa Promises Cash Shock!

You couldnt have picked a better time to contact Alfa UK
All the best
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

Re: Dead Car - Alfa Promises Cash Shock!

we've had quite a few crankshaft shells fail on TS engined alfas here and in singapore. all new cars. in one bad incident, a GT threw a piston into the head when the conrod separated.

in most cases, when the car was still under warranty, the dealer replaced with new engine for free.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , car , cash , dead , promises , shock