Throttle Position Sensor? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Throttle Position Sensor?

Further to my previous posting about MCSF and SF, I reckon my problem could be the throttle position sensor messing things up for the Selespeed. Any experience out there? should I just ask a main dealer? My local garage has diagnosed one of the three throttle components, throttle position seems most likely given the symptoms.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Throttle Position Sensor?

Just had a complete MCSF, had to get relayed back... my Alfa gararge found it was the thottle sensor and replaced it... all ok now.
AO Member

I had a problem with the Throttle Position Sensor, and although it was on a Ford Granada, I would expect the Solutions to be the same. I got a price to replace the sensor and was advised approx 70 for the part, however a very knowledgeable mechanic told me to disconnect the sensor and see what happens. Apparently when disconnected, the ECU does not detect a problem as it believes there is no sensor there, it then moves to the next sensor and makes the necessary fuel/air adjustments from there. low and behold when I disconnected the sensor and tied the cable out the way, the problems with misfiring/stalling and over revving all suddenly stopped. this may not work on your Alfa, but might be worth a try before shelling out on a new sensor.

Stress is to care.......... And I don't give a s**t

Member car:

2.0 156 JTS

i had a new throttle sensor fitted a month ago for exactly the same fault and it made no difference turned out to be a bad connection between the ecu and the engine positioner(i hope) been ok now for about 150 miles

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

position , sensor , throttle