Booted Wing Mirror - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6

Booted Wing Mirror

Hi there,

I parked my 147 outside my house the other night and returned to find the driver's wing mirror hanging off my the electrical cable. Some kid had kindly booted it off.

I obviously want to replace the mirror as it's now hanging on with tape and a screw. I've seen some on ebay, but was wondering firstly how to fit them and secondly how do I get the metal casing off of the mirror that is the same colour as my alfa. Can anyone point me in the right direction at all please?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Booted Wing Mirror

At least you didn't knock it off yourself on a parking station pillar like I did (gotta watch too much red wine the night b4)!!! I paid my stealer to do replace it but looking at the old one there is three bolts that hold the assembly in place. The lower front one is visible forward of the internal cover. you will need to remove the internal cover (i would imagine it just pops off?) to access the other two bolts. The cover has three clips which I can access by pulling the mirror off (push the nearside edge inwards and you can get a finger under the outer edge and it just pulls off).

Hope that helps!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

booted , mirror , wing