147 Issues List...
Right, I have my "new to me" 147 a couple of weeks now and have noticed the following little issues. So if anyone has encountered any od them and know of a solution, I would be in appreciation of any advice:
Its is a 5 door lusso, 1.9Jtd MJet.
1. The passanger side (left hand side) wiper sits quite high. The tip of the blade is about 2 inches above the bottom of the windscreen glass. Is this normal?
2. The boot popper (on key and ion dashboard) only releases the boot. I then have to pull the boot open using the stem of the rear wiper, as there is no recess for your hand, and the lid does not lift far enough to get your fingers under it.
3. The rear passanger side door makes a quite objectionable creak noise half way through its open & close motion. I have greased up the hinge, and put silicon spray on the holders, but without much luck.
4. The rear drivers side door childlock will not disable? The little white 'thing' turns with the key, but it will not release the childlock.
5. The CD player sometimes will not eject the CD. It will then read 'No CD', but will not eject the bloody thing.
6. Sometimes the cruise control will not come on, But if i turn off the engine and restart, (Microsoft Romeo), it will work fine...
Finally, I want to change the Oil and Oil Filter. What make and grade Oil do I need, and ditto filter. Where is good in Ireland to get these?
Chunks in advance.