best induction location? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Peter K
Re: best induction location?

The Venturi Muffler is there to reduce noise, it has no importantance in anything else then passing noise rescriction laws.

Removing it, will increase the inner diameter of the air intake. It is the same system as was fitted to f.ex BMW 4.0L engines of the 90's.

For TS engines, removing it, won't hardly make a difference, but if any, it would be a positive one. It shold make it possible to suck more air through the air filter box. For the BMW 4.0L engines removing the Venturi Muffler, is a widely used mod.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

certainlt seems to make very little difference in my experience, not sure it makes much difference to the noise either. however i have gone from a standard filter with no trumpet to a bmc filter with a short trumpet.
AO Silver Member

There is some confussion on parts/names here.

Removing the resonator(bit that is on the intake side of the airbox on TS models) and replacing with the V6/JTD intake pipe is good, as this is there mainly for the noise regs, and it frees up flow a little.

The trumpet inside the airbox is to smooth out the airflow to the MAF, and leaving it is the right thing - but it sits so low in the box so it does not use all the available filter area, so you should either lift it up or shorten it.

not sure what you mena by venturi muffler. If you mena resonator then fien, if the trumpet then removing it is not a good idea at all, as per this and Jamesg other thread. He clearly knows his banana's on this stuff better than anyone (on here ).

Hold the rear end slide....don't run wide!

156 2.0TS Veloce Lthr (02/02), silver, black Momo, BMC filter,V6 intake, DS2500 Front-DS Perf Rear pads, Conti sportcontacts, OMP strut Brace .

Built in Italy, on the last Friday before (hic) Xmas........:-/
Peter K

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

induction , location