It is back! Painful, but satisfying! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
It is back! Painful, but satisfying!

The 156 is back. It needed a new selespeed pump and relay. Motorvogue in Northampton got the car at the end of Wednesday when it arrived on a recovery truck. They looked at it on Thursday morning. Quoted work done by Tuesday at the earliest due to Bank holiday weekend. I got a call yesterday (Friday) at about 11am saying it was done and went to collect it today! Lovely. Original estimate of cost was 500, this dropped to 480 by Thursday afternoon, and ended up at 458 total fitted. Not bad I thought. My only gripe was that I had asked for the parts that were removed to be left in the car for me to poke about. They were not and could not be found.

Shame really. This was my first interaction with an Alfa Romeo main dealer and it was a pleasing and not too costly experience.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Tyne & Wear

Member car:

916 GTV.

Re: It is back! Painful, but satisfying!

...its great when your'e back on the road and everything feels better than before....maybe the parts were on an exchange basis although I would have thought they would tell you this from the outset.

I always feel uncomfortable asking to see the old parts as I feel it gives them the impression you don't trust them even before they start work on your car...... resulting in they don't like you and you get a crap job done.

Like yourself I've asked previously but never got to see the old bits, when you're happy with the work done it becomes less of an issue I suppose.

1.3 GT Junior, 2000 GTV Bertone, 1.5 Sprint Veloce, 75 3L V6 Widebody, 156 2L TS, 145 1.8 TS, GTV 2L TS x 2, Lancia Fulvia S3 1.6 HF, Lancia Beta 2L Coupe, Lancia Beta 2L Spyder, Fiat Mirafiori 2000 Sport, Fiat Coupe 20vT. Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG. Yamaha YP 125 Scooter. Not all at once

Glad you got the car back Andy, and for the weekend too. Lets hope your experience with the dealer is a sign of things to come.
AO Gold Member

Andy I like to congratulate you, although you may have some negative feelings about Selespeed, remember that cars (all cars) can break down.. it is not a specific Selespeed issue.
Good luck and enjoy the 156 ! mine has done 100K and I still love the damn thing ! just got the belts and variator done .. so I will do another 50k before the next big job.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

back , painful , satisfying