dashboard rattle/rasp - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 M-Jet

dashboard rattle/rasp

having covered my first mere 1500 miles i've developed my first rattle, well actually not me personally, but the dashboard (I think) around the passenger area. it happens when the car is idling and low down in the rev range when accelerating , at first I thought it might be something in the glove compartment but I've emptied that and its still there!!could something be trapped somewhere in the air vent and has anyone else had a similar experience?? its not like its particularly loud or anything but its bloody annoying when you cant find the cause of it
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Re: dashboard rattle/rasp

As I`m sure you are aware it could be lots of things. One common favourite is a leaf in the vent system but it would have to get past the pollen/cabin filter first. It mught be worth checking that teh filters are in place since they can be forgotton at a service. Another fave is the large central dashboard vent which can work loose. Try tightening the torx screws at the back of the vent.

Member car:

156 2.0 TS

Re: dashboard rattle/rasp

Hi Chris, bear with me, I'm a new member. I had the same problem, eventually resolved by removing the cover on the windscreen vent, the long narrow one on top of the dash and tightening the allan screws down really hard. Hope it helps, it worked for me.
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Idea Re: dashboard rattle/rasp

It was the condensation sensor on my 147, fixed by taking it apart and putting it back together properly, and general disintegration of the headlining of my 156, fixed temporarily with sticky pads two years ago and still quiet
Both problems were found by driving round with a passenger prodding parts until the rattles stopped; neither sounded like they came from anywhere near the parts that were to blame. Funny thing, accoustics.

Last edited by Simon_S; 04-07-06 at 12:13.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dashboard , rattle or rasp