Releasing power jtdm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Releasing power jtdm

I have read a few posts regarding tuning but don't want to go far with this if I can help it just general easy mods.

Hopefully I am to diagnose a faulty egr this weekend, if so upon remapping could this be blanked fully and removed on the map without faults?

Also reading there seems to be two cats? Can the straight cat just be banged out and refitted? Same with the precat from the manifold? Are there any problems removing the cats?
Really that's going to be it? It shall have new belts, possible a clutch then full Decat and a remap. Unsure what power could be but hopefully a quick road car.

Any there any other owners that have done this with good results?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

alfa gt jtdm

Hi my GT diesel has had a Gus remap with EGR delete. I removed the first cat with a straight pipe from JS tuning the car is in top nick mechanically I also use Millers on every fill up .Had it on the rolling road and its putting out 198.5 BHP 315 meters of torque .The guy the did the test was well impressed .If you do these mods you should get near to that, thing is every car is different. If you can only use Gus from Alfa tune for the remap not the cheapest but definitely the best by a mile in my opinion and a lot others on here. PS I changed the down pipe myself its not a difficult job to do. Its awesome to drive now, quick pulls like a train in any gear .You will need a new clutch and flywheel I got 8 months out of my old setup before I had to replace them cost is about £650 from a good indie .Since I had mine done the car is performing great

Last edited by 300stu; 01-10-13 at 09:43.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtdm , power , releasing