147 Clutch Noise - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help 147 Clutch Noise

Hi Guys,

Does anyone else have this? -

Every time I press the clutch pedal, I get a 'creaking' noise and a very slight judder through the pedal - and it's really bloody annoying!

I'm absolutely sure that it is coming from inside the hydraulic master cylinder that is operated by the pedal and not from any of the other bits and pieces under there. I've lubricated the actuating shaft but the noise is still there.

Any common problems that I don't know about? And how difficult is it to change the unit? I'm thinking it'll probably mean a bit of a hydraulic mess..........
Sponsored Links
Re: 147 Clutch Noise

I had this problem until I had a new clutch kit fitted, for another reason.
Its still there, but barely audiable.
My brake pedal is driving me mad now though as thats got the same problem as what the clutch had.
I tried sqwerting some ptfe in the master cylinder, but to no avail. No help from me I am affraid, just sympathy me friend.
AO Member

I also had this problem a few months ago on my 1.6TS 147. I thought it might be something under the dash, but copious amounts of WD40 proved me wrong!

Even though my car was still under warranty it cost me £60ish from the stealer to sort the cylider.

Ta guys - had it looked at and they just lubricated the rubbers at the clutch end - the creaking was travelling through the system to the pedal. Sorted.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , clutch , noise