Where have all the lights gone - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.6 TS

Where have all the lights gone

Hi All. Since I did the reset on the throttle after cleaning the butterfly valve my bulb out warning light doesn't illuminate and my seat belt warnignlight doesn't show me when I have my seatbelt off while driving. The lights all come on and go off as usual when I start the car.... any ideas.(I'm not worried about the seatbelt warning light. It does what it likes )
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: Where have all the lights gone

A throttle reset shouldn't upset anything .... done it lots of times without any problems ...

The seatbelt light isn't connected to the seatbelts .... just there as a reminder, so only stays on for a few seconds.

As for the bulb-out warning, that should also stay off unless you have a bulb problem, so your's should all be working. Occasionally my warning light comes on and it's a brake light out. But after a few more miles, it starts working again. Bulbs from places like Halfords are variable in quality shall we say. I replaced my brake light bulbs with some I got spare with our Pug 206 and they've been fine since. The pins on the originals looked like they were shorter and so the bulb was moving in the holder.

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

The seatbelt light isn't connected to the seatbelts .... just there as a reminder, so only stays on for a few seconds.
This must be for the 156 only as on my 147 the light stays on until I belt up! Comes on when I take the belt off as well with the engine/ignition on!

Same on my 156, it stays on until you put the belt in....and for a few seconds after.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 16v SP3

My 156 warning light stays on for 10 seconds after start up regardless of where the belt is. The 155 light came on as soon as you undid the belt, or the connectors lost contact irrespective of the belt's position!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT