Extended Warranty - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 Turismo

Extended Warranty

My 147 is now coming upto 3 years old in a few days.

I would have though Alfa UK or the delear would have been in touch to offer an extended warranty but have heard nothing. All I had was advice the 3 year service was due.

I had claimed for the variator on the warranty which was replaced. Would this increase the the price of an extended warranty?

Also I have had the 3 year service carried out Gonnella Brothers in Catford SE London who I can highly recommend.

Would this affect the delear offering me a warranty?

The car was bought from Ancaster Welling but it looks as if they have given up their Alfa dealership and only stock Fiat. Can anyone confirm this?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

MINI Cooper

Re: Extended Warranty

My experience with extending your dealer warranty after three years are up. Didn't expect the dealer to contact me...and they didn't. When asked they wanted an exhorbitant amount - a lot more than the 380 I was offered when I first bought the car. I think the dealer charges whatever they like so you could try playing one dealer off another to beat the price down. For sure they get a big payback on these warranties.

They cannot make it a condition of the warranty that it is serviced by only an Alfa dealer but you must have a full service history with a VAT approved reputable garage. They might insist that only an Alfa dealer servicing history is acceptable but trading standards and the European regulations say otherwise. Still...when you come to make a claim they will try to wriggle and could find reasons to refuse.

IMHO it's not worth it. Find a good independant garage to service and carry-out any repairs yourself. It will probably cost less anyway in the long run. Third party (like those offered by the RAC) are insurance-backed warranties these generally have a lot more exclusions and conditions so these are even less useful.

'A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.' - Henry Ford.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

extended , warranty