Looking for some reassurance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Help Looking for some reassurance

In an attempt to fix the poor radio reception on my '04 156, it's going into the main dealers to have the aerial, aerial base and all the aerial wiring replaced in line with a service news bulletin

But I'm worried It's a 2 day headlining out job & presumably the roof mounted curtain airbags will have to come out too

My main fear is that it'll rattle or squeak afterwards as it's as quiet as a mouse at the mo or they'll break things like the grab handles or it will sag / not fit properly once completed!

To date, they've replaced the stumpy mast with a longer one, replaced the signal amplifier and replace the entire headunit. The mast made a bit of a difference but when they ran the VIN number the S/N bulletin was flagged

Has anyone out there had the same or similar job done and if so, was the result OK? I've told the dealers of my worries but they assure me it will be fine!

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary

Last edited by Squadrone Rosso; 20-03-06 at 07:00.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Looking for some reassurance

hi m8, have you tried adding a amplified ariel adapter. all it does is fit in between your original ariel connection on the back of the headunit and takes a live feed from the wiring. Reletivly easy to install and could solve the problem, worth a try (you can buy these adapters from any halfords store, at around 12)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT